Hand carved from a single block of Sierra White Granite. This is one of a series of chairs located in the Berkeley Amphi Theater. These chairs are typically dedicated to a certain individual, group, or entity at the University of Berkeley.
This particular chair, with its hand-carved relief work, was dedicated to those who served and died during World War II. From the Class of 1943.